RESIDENCE HALL CLOSING AND ROOM CHECK-OUT PROCEDURE
(All roommates should read this document)
Check-Out Procedures (roommates should plan on checking-out together)
To properly check out you must:
- Please get with the RA on your floor or your pod for check out. If they are not available we will have other RA’s on duty throughout the week in each building. You must check out with a RA, if you do not properly check out your housing deposit is automatically forfeited.
- Pack up all of your belongings and remove them from your room. Your RA will not be able to inspect your room until all of your belongings are out.
- Empty all of the drawers in your desk and dresser/wardrobe and wipe clean.
- Remove all posters, pictures and/or other decorations and remove any sticky residue.
- Sweep and vacuum floors.
- Clean any marked areas on walls.
- Dust/clean all window sills.
- Clean and disinfect all bathroom surfaces including showers/tubs, sinks, counters, floors and toilets.
- Take all trash to the dumpsters.
Remember it will be necessary for you and your roommate to fully clean and empty your room.Inventory:
Account for all furniture and window screens that were in the room at check-in. All window screens must be installed. You will be charged for missing or unassembled furniture. All personal furniture/items must be removed or you will be charged a removal fee.
The RA will:
Inspect your room for damages and cleanliness using the Room Condition Contract you signed when moving in.
- Record the condition of your room on the Room Condition Contract form. You will be charged for any damages and for cleaning necessary to return the room to the condition it was in at check in. Any charges or damages which cannot be attributed to an individual in a room will be equally divided among the persons occupying that room.
- Collect your keys and lock your room. All keys issued to you must be returned at the time of check-out. Failure to do so will result in charges for lock change and replacement keys.
All rooms will be inspected and assessed a 2nd time by the Hall Manager or Residential Coordinator after all roommates have moved out of each suite/room.
Sign and date the Room Condition Contract. Remember all outstanding charges must be paid before you can get an official transcript, enroll for the Fall semester or return to on campus housing.
Keep your SSC student ID/Debit Card because all refunds such as your housing deposit will be deposited onto your card.